Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Zucchini Brownies


I used to grow zucchini, and I loved new ideas for using them.  (When my husband could bear to part with his beloved squash.  He loves fried zucchini and would eat it every day of the zucchini season if he could.)  This recipe is especially moist and rich.  It was given to me by my sweet neighbor whom my kids call Grammy Grace.
Zucchini Brownies

½ c. salad oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. cocoa
1 c. nuts
          Mix oil, vanilla, zucchini, and egg in large bowl.  Combine all other ingredients, blend well.  Spread into cookie sheet 11x15 (Batter will be thick) Bake at 350* for 10-20 minutes.  Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment