Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Slush

This frozen treat is so delicious!  I don't know why I wait until the holidays to make it.  With the oranges, pineapple and cherries, it's also so colorful!  (and I LOVE colors!)  Give it plenty of time to freeze.  (I've even frozen it in ice cube trays sprayed with non-stick spray, so it's already the perfect size.)  Thanks Lizzy R. for this favorite recipe!  Oh, my mouth is already watering just thinking of this!
3 c. sugar
31/2 c. water
4 large oranges
1 lg can crushed pineapple
1 bottle of cherries drained

Boil the sugar and water, until the sugar is dissolved.  Cool. Add the juice from the oranges (watch out for those seeds), the whole can of pineapple (with the juice) and the bottle of cherries and juice.  (If you are like me, I like lots of cherries, so I use a little bit larger jar of cherries.)  Mix together, and pour in a cake pan (or ice trays).  Freeze until solid.  Cut up in small chunks and serve with Lemon-lime soda (ie. 7-UP). 

No comments:

Post a Comment