Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Macaroon Cupcakes

This is a delightful little spin-off from the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes.  I can never decide which I like more.  I think I'm going to try this recipe with chocolate cake mix next.  It will be like a lovely Almond Joy in cupcake form.  I love making these cupcakes mini-size for sharing with friends.  They are so pretty!


Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes:
1 box french vanilla cake mix
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs

Macaroon Filling:
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups coconut

Mix the cake ingredients together.  Fill the baking cups 1/2 way with batter and then spoon teaspoon of filling into the center bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes cool and frost with white butter cream flavored with coconut and garnish with toasted coconut on top.
For Mini-cups bake at 325 for 9-10 minutes. 
 (That's the recipe as given to me by sweet Wendy L. Here's my version if you want to do it the difficult way.)
  Fill the baking cups 2/3 way with batter and bake.  THEN after they are cool, try to squeeze in coconut filling.  That's what I did.  That's only because I didn't read the directions thoroughly and I missed the part where you spoon the filling in before you bake.  Hmmmmm... that must have been why it was so hard to get that coconut filling into the center of the cupcake.  The coconut totally clogs the cake decorating bag and mashes the cupcake.  I salvaged them by squeezing chocolate icing (not butter cream) on top (as pictured above). HA!  Next time, I'll read the instructions FIRST.




No comments:

Post a Comment