Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Good Morning cake!

Lizzy!!! I could have an entire section of just Lizzy recipes!  (Although I have not published some of the secret recipes of her family...sorry for all of you!)  This cinnamon-topped cake is divine in the mornings with a little drizzle of melted butter.  Oh my gosh!  My mouth is watering as I type.  I guess it's time for some more Good Morning Cake. (Thus named because none of us drink coffee, and for the kids it just sounds better)
3 c. flour
2 pinches salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter (half reserved)
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 TB cinnamon
1 1/2 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix flour, salt, sugar, 1 c. butter, and baking powder until lumpy.  Add milk, eggs and vanilla.  Blend well.  Pour into 13x9 pan.  For the topping mix brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 the stick of melted butter.  Sprinkle over batter.  Cut the remaining butter over the top.  Bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment