Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fruit Crisp

This recipe is from my good friend, Jill W.  This is the best fruit crisp I have ever had.  I was a little bit addicted to it for about 2 years.  I've given my family a little reprieve from it, but I think it's time to rip this recipe out again.  It's amazing.  Thanks so much J!
3 c. Fruit (I prefer fresh peaches... but canned worked fine if you drain the juices)


Topping
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. softened butter
3/4 c. old fashioned oatmeal
(ps.  I nearly always double the crumble mix for my eating enjoyment)

Put fruit in a square pan.  Mix the rest of the ingredients separately until crumbly.  Sprinkle on top of fruit.  Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment