Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fresh Salsa, sort of.

So it's not technically FRESH salsa, but it is kind of a "refreshed" salsa.  I love this salsa when I make omelets.  and the dill weed is an unexpected surprise.  This is a dump and see recipe for me, now.  So feel free to play around with the quantities.


1 can (14.5 oz) canned tomatoes
1 jar picante sauce (your favorite)
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/4 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp garlic salt
Fresh cilantro (I think this is essential for any salsa, so I put a lot of fresh cilantro in my salsas.  BUT I know not everyone agrees.  Your choice, here.)
1 TB lemon juice
1 jalapeno (opt)

Blend everything together in blender except the fresh tomato and the cilantro.  Stir in the chopped tomato and chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment