Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Banana Bread

I really wish I remember where I got this Banana Bread recipe!  My grandma made such a great Banana Bread I think this might be hers.  It is just so moist and so yummy.  It's very well used, too.  (My recipe card looks older than The Constitution, although I'm sure index cards are more recent than that. ;) If this is from you and not my Grandma, please let me know so I can give you all the credit!  Until then... enjoy this amazing bread!

1 c. oil
1/2 c. sour cream
6-7 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 c. sugar
 4 eggs (beaten)
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 c. chopped nuts (your choice)
2 c. chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl add oil, sour cream, bananas, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Blend well.  Combine flour, salt and soda together, then add to mixture and mix well  Stir in nuts and chocolate and pour into greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment