Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I made the cutest little mini cupcakes for a Christmas party this week.  Now I have to make them again and take pictures, because they were so dainty.  Here's the recipe (Thanks to Wendy Lee for sharing). 

Peanut Butter-filled Chocolate Cupcakes
In a large Mixing bowl, Mix together:
1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil 
3 eggs

Peanut butter ganache:
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
add enough powder sugar for a frosting consistency
 
Fill mini baking cups 3/4 of the way full bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes then cool.
After they cool take ganache in a cake decorating bag and push it into the center of the cupcake (making sure it doesn't break through the bottom) and squeeze a small amount in the center of the cupcake. 
*The regular recipe says to frost with chocolate butter cream and place a peanut butter cup on top for garnish. But, I had a little bit of peanut butter ganache left, and I couldn't in good conscience send it to the abyss of garbage-land.  So, I mixed it together with a tub of pre-made chocolate fudge frosting. I think a new love affair has begun!!!  Divine!  Then I put it back into the decorating bag, and just covered the ganache hole with a sweet little dollop of icing.  Beautiful!  I put a whole peanut on the top, but I think it looked prettier without. 

(For regular-sized cupcakes, bake @ 350 for 15-18 minutes)


here's the thing... I didn't even love peanut butter and chocolate together before these.  But these clearly changed my mind!  Here's a shout-out to Jessa for her love for PB&C that prompted me to jump into this recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment