Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Super Fluffy Waffles

My sister shared this recipe with me nearly 13 years ago, and it is still my favorite waffle recipe (and the only one I use).  These waffles are just perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I'll admit, I make them more often for dinner than for breakfast.  They are especially delicious with the Peach Syrup recipe that I grew up with.
2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
4 egg yolks (keep the egg whites)
1 c. oil/melted margarine
4 egg whites

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients (except egg whites) separately, then mix them together.  Whip egg whites until stiff. Fold the egg whites gently into batter (this is what makes the waffles so fluffy).  Bake in heated waffle iron until steaming stops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment