Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

German Pancakes

My oldest daughter loves these pancakes.  I love that they are so easy to make. They are a light, buttery, egg-y breakfast food that can handle sweet or savory toppings.  Our favorite toppings are strawberries and whipped cream.  My sweet sister-in-law Lizzy, my mom and Andrea H are to thank for this recipe.
1 c. milk

6 eggs
1 c. flour
1 dash of salt

Blend all of these ingredients together (I just throw mine in the blender, but you can use a hand mixer, too). 

Then melt 1/2 c. butter in a 13x9 baking pan.  Pour batter over butter and bake for 30 minutes at 350*
Note: these pancakes never form the same way twice, but you can expect them to rise up the side of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment