Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Deep Dark Chocolate Cake

For my bridal shower, my best friend, Sadie C. had everyone bring a few of their favorite recipes. (Then they all copied it onto beautiful recipe cards.  What a great idea, huh?)  This was one that she gave me in that collection.  Still love my Sadie!  If you like homemade cakes, this is a great one.
2 c. flour + 2 TB
3/4 c. cocoa
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c. boiling water

Preheat oven to 325*.Cream sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.  add cocoa, salt, baking soda and powder, and flour.  Mix well.  Add 1 c. boiling water.  Blend.  Grease and flour 13x9 pan.  Bake at 325* for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment