Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Frog-eye Salad



This recipe was given to me by my Mother-in-law.  This recipe is a staple at EVERY single family gathering on my hubby's side of the family.  I include it here so that I can access the recipe whenever there might be a surprise family gathering.  There will be no tears shed on my watch!

Frog-Eye Salad

1 box acini de pepe macaroni
2 cans crushed pineapple, reserve juice
1 can mandarin oranges, reserve juice
1 egg, whipped
1 c. sugar
1 box cook & serve vanilla pudding
1 tsp lemon juice.
1 ctn. cool whip   

Put juice in sauce pan.  Slowly add whipped egg, sugar, and pudding.  Bring to a boil, and add lemon juice.  Drain pasta and add sauce and fruits.  Let cool.  Add cool whip.  Refrigerate.

(I like to put cherries and coconut in mine, but my family does not.  So I save them as a special little garnish just for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment