Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snicker Doodles

I think that Snicker Doodle is a great name for a cookie!  If I were a cookie, I would like that name.  I thought I'd just throw that out there for no particular reason.  These are fun cookies and my kids love to roll the dough around in the sugar. 
1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
 Topping
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tsp. sugar

Mix cookie ingredients to make a stiff dough.  Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and roll around in topping until coated.  Cook at 375* for 8 minutes.  Do not over bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment