Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Italian Pasta


This is an all-in-one skillet dish.  The Italian flavors blend so well together.  I came up with this recipe nearly ten years ago. I used what I had available.  Needless to say, it has changed a bit over the years, and mostly to accommodate what I had on hand.  I love dishes that work like that.  Have fun with it, and make it your own.  
 
Italian Pasta Primavera

1 lb ground sausage or kielbasa
1 ½ TB Italian seasoning
1 small onion
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 c. green vegetables (Like peas, fresh green beans, zucchini, spinach [add last of using leaf vegetables]
2-3 peeled and seeded tomatoes, chopped or 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes
½ c. sliced olives
1/4 c. beef broth
8 oz cooked noodles (I like rotini or penne)
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    Brown sausage with ½ seasoning, onion and garlic.  Add vegetables, tomatoes, olives, and broth.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  Add pasta.  Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil (opt.) and cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment