Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pineapple Salsa

Okay... this is my own attempt to make pineapple salsa.  I lived in a place with long winters, and so fresh ingredients weren't readily available.  This was my solution.  I wouldn't bottle this version, because I'm not all that sure about the right amounts of acidity, etc, to make it safe.  However, it's nice as a refrigerator salsa.  I haven't made it in years, but I think I might give it another stab.  If you find a yummier way to make this, do share. :)

1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits and juice, blended
1 4 oz can diced green chilies
1 14 oz.diced tomatoes, drained and blended
1/2 onion, minced
1 jalepeno
3 TB brown sugar
1/4 TB cider vinegar
1-2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Boil all ingredients; serve warm or chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment