Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cranberry Broccoli Slaw


This is an easy side dish (and so pretty).  I make it frequently for pot-luck get-togethers.  My Aunt Susie gave me this recipe, and she substituted ordinary dried cranberries for the orange-flavored craisins... I celebrated in my mouth with every bite.  It was so good!  Of course, I can never find the orange-flavored craisins anymore, but ordinary dried cranberries and/or raisins are still lovely.  
 
2 stalks Broccoli chopped fine
1/4 red onion chopped fine
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. dried cranberries (or if you can find them...orange flavored craisins*)
1 lb bacon, cooked & chopped

Dressing
1/2 c. sugar
2 TB. red wine vinegar
3/4 c. Mayonnaise

Mix dressing well and pour over all the mixed ingredients.  Chill and Serve.
 Oh... my friend always puts sunflower seeds in hers.   Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment