Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fry Bread


My mom is a bread-making genius!  I am not...at all.  Seriously.  Once I made rolls, and my husband said, "Your mom makes the best rolls."  He wasn't being mean, (he's just not that type) but there was nothing nice to say about my rolls.  This recipe, however, I can do.  I have used it to make Navajo tacos, impromptu pizzas, my own hot pocket versions of any filling, or even just as a nice yummy scone.  We all love it.
(For my family, I double the recipe)
  
2 cups +/- flour (I used 1/2 whole wheat)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup very hot water

Mix ingredients together.  Cover and let sit for approx. 20 minutes.  Heat oil in frying pan.  Roll out the dough into circles (or hand pull them) and drop in heated oil.  Cook both sides until golden brown. 
Makes about 6.

Note:  My brother puts about 1/4 c. powdered milk and 1 TB sugar with his.  I'm going to try that one day.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment