Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Oreo Truffles

These are the easiest little bundles of chocolate-y joy to make!  With just three ingredients... how could it get any easier?  I tasted these at a baby shower (Thanks Ashley D.) and then I had to try them for my Christmas goodies. I dipped half of the batch in white chocolate (I think it's so pretty with the dark oreo color) and in semi-sweet chocolate (milk chocolate was a little too sweet, I thought).
1 package of Oreo cookies (the whole package)

1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
melted white or semi-sweet chocolate (I just using baking chips, but you could use whatever chocolate you like best)

Blend the package of Oreo cookies (cream filling and all) to a fine crumb in your food processor or blender.  (I did it in batches of 6-8 cookies at a time in my blender).  Mix the crumbs with the softened cream cheese.  Roll into little balls (I like them small, so I get a bunch... about the size of a cherry, but I've also made them the size of walnuts and they are still delicious) and coat them into the melted chocolate.  Let the chocolate harden completely on wax paper and Presto!  Deceptively easy Oreo Truffles.  

**you can melt chocolate over med. heat in a double boiler.  Or you can melt them in the microwave.  I heat my chocolate chips in a glass bowl for 1 minute on MED. heat.  Then I stir thoroughly.  If the chocolate is not melted completely I cook for 6-10 second intervals, stirring in between, until nearly melted.  The warm chocolate will melt the rest of the chips when you stir it together.  If you overcook the chocolate it can get lumpy... and it just doesn't seem to recover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment