Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cranberry Pretzel Salad


You really can't go wrong with sweet and salty side dishes.  The pretzel crust is my favorite part... and I freely admit that I often made an extra thick pretzel crust, and less of the gelatin mix when I am making it for myself.  But this is my Mom's recipe... and her recipes have never failed me yet... except her amazing roll recipe.  That frequently fails me, because mine NEVER turn out as delicious as hers do even when I do exactly what she says.  Sigh.  I'll stick to the side dishes and leave the breads to her.  
Crust:
2 c. crushed pretzels
3/4 c. melted butter
3 tsp. Sugar
Mix together butter and sugar to crushed pretzels and press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 400* for 8 mins.
Filling:
1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 12-oz. carton cool whip
Mix cheese and sugar well.  Fold in Cool whip.  Spread on cooled crust.
Top:
1 large pkg red jello
1 can cranberries (or other frozen fruit)
2 c. boiling water
1 can crushed pineapple (with juice)
Mix jello and water.  Add cranberries.  Let cool and pour on cream mixture and refrigerate until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment