Poetry

If ever there was a poetic fruit, pears are it. Possibly pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, grapes, and certainly mangoes. Well, there goes the plug for my poetic pear.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cranberry Turkey Burgers

I love these light turkey burgers.  They taste so refreshing, and almost like a bit of Thanksgiving on a bun.  I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine, but I have made a few alterations.  Be careful when you grill them... they have been known to fall apart if you try to turn them too many times.



1 small tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp poultry seasoning
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
6 English muffins, split and toasted (ciabatta bread works great, too, if you can find it)
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (I use the canned version for ease)
lettuce

Combine the first six ingredients.  Crumble in ground turkey, mix well.  Shape into six patties.  Coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Grill patties over medium heat until meat thermometer reaches 165* 
Place patty on bread and top with cranberry sauce and lettuce. 

1 comment:

  1. I just had these again tonight... They were so so so delicious!!! I had an open-faced burger and felt great about the healthy choice of the whole meal.

    ReplyDelete